• To take complete ownership and accountability of an event from the planning and preparation phases, through to the successful execution and tear down of the event and on to the post-con stages.
• To take an ownership, “stewardship” position within the department and hotel to ensure operational excellence.
• To know, comply with, and enforce all hotel and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
• To assist in the writing of additional standards, policies and procedures for the department.
• To keep the entire department clean & organized at all times.
• To promote and support effective departmental and hotel communication through the use of phones, voice-mail, radios, copiers, written correspondence and verbal communication.
• To promote, and maintain effective, confidential, secure record keeping, as well as associate and guest info.
• Maintain complete knowledge of proper forecasting and scheduling as well as complete, accurate and timely payroll procedures.
• Maintain complete working knowledge of : CI and accounts receivable systems and procedures; scheduled in-house group names and information; order of service and traffic flow in an event area; correct use and maintenance of equipment; all departmental standards and service procedures; prices of specified selections of cash functions.
• Prepare consumption forms in advance for all necessary event orders to ensure accurate billing.
• Attends, participates or leads all meetings as prescribed by the Banquet Manager.
• Maintains accurate, up to date information on the Event Orders.
• Assist in the completion of “BEO Packets”, time change notification of staff, making of all necessary copies and posting all necessary sheets or communications.
• Assists in the copying, posting and distributing of “Dailies.”
• Maintains complete and accurate information in the accordion file according to standards.
• Ensure all buffet and product signs are created for all events.
• Delegates specific primary duties and side duties to respective staff members and follows up with coaching, praise or guidance.
• Stays abreast of current trends in order to provide the most up to date products and services.
• Minimum of 19 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
• Knowledge of various food-service styles (plated, buffet, French, Russian, Table-Side, Butler Service)
• Solid Microsoft Office applications, administrative, math, accounting, and supervisory skills required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with Guests, Management, Staff and co-workers to their understanding
• Ability to provide legible, written communication
• Knowledge of effective office organizational practices
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Previous Service/leadership experience needed
• 3 or more years of previous banquet experience, preferably in a four-diamond property.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Complimentary and Discounted Rooms