Business Acumen, Develop Talent, Financial Acumen, Generate Revenue, Inspire followership, Managing the Vision, Negotiation, Owner Relations, Select and Recruit Talent, Team Building.
• Proven track record in delivering financial results
• Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
• Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of care and accountability
• Proven track record of positive associate satisfaction scores
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
• Ability to prioritize business objectives
• Excels at selecting top talent
• Extensive knowledge of hotel operations including rooms, food and beverage and event management
• Solid knowledge of food and beverage concepts and sales strategies
• Ability to understand complex sales organization and corresponding sales processes
• Knowledge of revenue management and marketing strategies
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
• Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
• Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
• Ability to use strategic planning and product positioning skills to grow the business
• Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly
• Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
• Ability to manage customer preference, loyalty and satisfaction
• Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
• Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
• Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
• Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
• Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Effective influence skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Effective change management skills
• Strong associate relations skills
• Customer focus
• Excellent food & beverage, event management, rooms operations and quality assurance skills, including experience with strategic planning, budgeting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, SOPs and project management.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results under tough conditions, even when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
• Experience evaluating business trends and developing and successfully implementing new business programs and strategies that enhance multi-unit business performance.
• Knowledgeable in managing owner relation issues is preferred.
2 or 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in similar leadership role required. Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience as a GM required. GM experience with the specific Branded Hotel or upscale property is a plus.