• Understanding of hotel accounting processes including AP, AR, GL, and cash.
• Understanding of Front office accounting processes including PMS, POS, Guest Ledger, and Audit.
• Understanding of Accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Control Best Practices.
• Strong analytical abilities.
• An intermediate ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
• Strong skills in communication, problem solving, organization, and employee relations.
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the accounting department.
• Understanding of purchasing and inventory controls.
• Ability to troubleshoot technology related issues.
• Effective decision making skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Ability to influence department managers in procedural issues & requirements.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• 2 years experience in hotel accounting is preferred.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Complimentary and Discounted Rooms