The Shift Manager position is the first management level role in the restaurant. This position is responsible for the opening and closing duties and assisting in the execution of daily operations. Responsible for overall restaurant effectiveness, quality and customer service. As needed, you may be assigned other managerial and supervisory responsibilities, including performing as the Ops Leader.
- Train, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures to crew members
- Act as Cash Manager as needed, including setting up cash register(s) at open and verifying cash at close
- Perform walk-thru to ensure restaurant is ready to open/close and/or rush-ready
- Work with Restaurant Management team to train, develop and communicate with crew members and Team Trainers through team huddles, manager meetings, etc. Supervise crew members and Team Trainers in a way that maximizes retention
- Supervise, coordinate and delegate the execution of operations tasks and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures to "Delight Every Customer"
- Work with Restaurant Management team to ensure quality, production and service standards are met and to create a safe, efficient and professional environment for customer and other employees
- Help execute appropriate shift-specific procedures according to DOP. Assist the Restaurant Management team in maintaining proper coverage via crew member schedules to ensure that the restaurant attains/exceeds all customer service standards.
- Follow up and ensure resolution of VOC issues as needed
- Onboard new hires in Workday
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 6 months or more of restaurant, retail, customer service focused, or equivalent experience
- Available for full time and close/ shifts
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining composure and be able to give and take direction, work well in a team environment and have a strong service focus. Must exhibit professionalism, composure, and discretion when expediting or resolving all customer related concerns and issues
- Ability to work, concentrate and perform duties accurately in a fast paced environment that may involve noise and hot/cold temperatures or other elements. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Position requires the use of a headset. Frequent lifting and carrying (at times up to 50 lbs.), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling and stooping is involved
- Must be available to report for work promptly and regularly, as well as work all day parts and days of the week. May be required to transfer from one location to another and must have the ability to travel to other restaurants, Area office, etc., as business needs dictate
- Must have or be willing to obtain ServSafe certification by end of training
HAZA Foods is the LARGEST franchisee in the brand of Wendy's. In less than 9 years, we have grown to over 350 Wendy's restaurants located in six states.