Purpose: Assist General Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing operations of Moe’s Southwest Grill restaurant by working with Shift Managers and all team members to ensure outstanding customer service to maximize sales while controlling food, labor, and other operating costs to maximize profitability.
- Ensures all guests receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, acknowledging every guest with the famous “Welcome to Moe’s”; asking if they have visited Moe’s before and make all guests feel welcome
- Assures the cleanliness and attractiveness of the facility exceeds the expectations of Guests, Health Departments, Moe’s Corporate, and Savin Brands.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment in and around the restaurant by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations, and following Savin Brands safety initiatives. Reports all maintenance and safety concerns to Savin Brands.
- Maintains the ambiance of the restaurant by controlling lighting, background music, television monitors, and the temperature of the FOH
- Utilizes and assures utilization of all business tools; including food preparation equipment, technology items, and video/audio equipment.
- Maintains operations by following established policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, and quality standards.
- Places food orders based on established pars and conducts precise daily and weekly inventory of restaurant food products and dry good.
- Continually improves job knowledge by participating in manager meetings, educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Controls food costs by assuring proper portion control, ensuring quantities of food prep are appropriate, minimizing waste, assuring all purchase transactions are accounted for, and food orders are accurate and within budgeted amounts.
- Assist the GM and AM by attracting patrons by following marketing programs and soliciting catering opportunities. Executes advertising, public relations, and local community programs.
- Assist the GM and AM in accomplishing company goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist the GM and AM in meeting the restaurant’s financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Assist the GM with accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Assists the GM in being the ambassador of Savin Brands and Moe’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Key Business Drivers with pride and integrity.
Skills for Success:
- Skilled in providing outstanding customer service. Ability to maintain customer focus to accomplish guest satisfaction.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, controlling food, labor and other operating costs.
- Experience with, or ability to learn people management and able to nurture, train, coach, mentor and hold team members accountable
- Experience with, or ability to learn, how to create and maintain the team member schedule and skilled at adjusting schedule based on sales volume demands
- Experience with, or ability to learn, how to resolve conflict with customers and team members
- Possess solid communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Must possess basic computer skills including the ability to navigate the internet, email, word and excel
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Time management and deadline oriented
- High Energy Level and ability to multitask
Qualifications for Success:
- Possess or obtain Food Safety Manager Certification within 3 months of employment
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and able to provide appropriate documentation to complete the form I-9 within 3 days of their first day of employment
- Must be 18 years of age and acceptable criminal and credit background check
- Possess a valid driver’s license, maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR), proof of insurance and have a satisfactory vehicle to make catering deliveries, required
- Ability to communicate with Guests and all co-workers
- Ability to perform basic addition and subtractions and make correct change
- Ability to process information through the POS register system
- Ability to lift up to – 50-lb. boxes of product
- Ability to work in a warm environment (grills, fryer) and react to timers
- Ability to climb ladders and bend at the waist to clean equipment
- Ability to use hands, arms, shoulders and back to build menu items for up to 6 hour periods
- Ability to work around industrial-strength cleaners
- Ability to weigh and measure during prepping process
- Ability to stand for up to 6 hours without a break
- Ability to operate the mixer required to prep specific recipes