Title: Hourly Team Leader FOH/BOH
Reports to: General Manager/Assistant Manager/District Manager
Description: Be an ambassador to the McAlister’s experience; help our guest navigate our entire dining system from ordering, seating and delivery. To ensure that all of our guest experience the McAlister’s Touch. Knowledge in both the McAlister’s standards of BOH/FOH operating systems. Hourly Team Leasers are to be engaged in excitement and positivity, dressed to impress, and ready to promote the McAlister’s Brand. Hourly Team Leaders should always strive for a “Little Something Extra” for our guest.
- Take orders, enter orders into the POS System; accept payments using proper cash handling procedures. Accurately count cash back to our guest.
- Deliver perfectly prepared and presented food, ensuring that every guest item meets McAlister’s’ Standards; check back within 2 bites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing service in the dining room: Make/refill beverages, pre-bussing, (full hands in/full hands out)
- Properly read printed tickets or kitchen display monitors and distribute tickets/assignments.
- Assemble all orders either for dine-in or to-go following the proper McAlister’s specs.
- Monitor timing of tickets to ensure fast service for our guest.
- Provide assistance to all stations as needed to ensure guest speed of service – team work.
- Perform opening, closing, daily cleaning, and sidework duties as required. Up to and including opening and closing the restaurant per McAlister’s/Emaar Group Guidelines
- Team Leaders are to assist with completion and ensure coaching
- Show a commitment to cleanliness and safety: Pick-up trash and debris anywhere including bathrooms and outside areas. Report all safety concerns to a member of management immediately
- Proper checklist and timely completion to ensure guest satisfaction and team member readiness.
- Be at work on time, in clean-pressed and fitted uniform per McAlister’s Uniform standards.
- Completion of BOH/FOH training for all position before an Hourly Team Leader can be certified
- Certified and approved only by the General Manager and District Manager
- Perform duties which require bending and reaching
- Lift and transport 10-20-pound bus tubs/trays, dining chairs, booster seats, and high chairs
- Stand and/or walk for up to 8+ hours
- Practice all safety and sanitation standards set forth by city, state and McAlister’s guidelines
- Remain calm in a (sometimes) fast-paced atmosphere – Be the leader at all times
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Display a positive and outwardly friendly attitude towards all guest. Live the McAlister’s Touch
- Is flexible with regard to schedule requirements and available to work during the hours required by the business
- Obtain a State of Illinois approved Food Handler’s license – Must be maintained per State Mandates