The Restaurant Shift Leader contributes to the success of McAlister’s Corporation through assisting in the daily operations of the restaurant. The Shift Leader’s responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, in the absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising team members. Shift Leader is also responsible for handling issues with team members, food suppliers and guest directly, then escalates them to the General Manager/Assistant Manager when necessary.
Key areas of responsibility:
· The ability to provide supervision during assigned shifts.
· Provides team members, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
· Manages both FOH and BOH shift responsibilities to include scheduling of staff to minimize overtime and achieve daily labor controls and cost as assigned by management.
· Monitors speed of service to ensure a positive guest experience.
· Handle guest comments and complaints.
· Supervise daily shifts to ensure McAlister’s standards, product quality and cleanliness is maintained.
· Assist in the ongoing training of team members, including new hires as well as existing staff to make certain McAlister’s procedures and processes are followed. Performs line checks as necessary.
· Enforce uniform policy and standards.
· Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed.
· Opening and closing of restaurant in the absence of upper management.
· All other duties as assigned by management.
· Confident in the ability to supervise
· Safety and sanitation fundamentals
· Adaptive to change
· Ability to work as a team
· Ability to multi-task
· High levels of stamina and the ability to overachieve
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of 1 year experience within the food service industry; supervisory experience a plus but not required.
· Worked in a fast paced environment.
· Retail experience
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
· Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
· Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
· Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as: vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
· Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, hand flexibility, reaching, squatting, crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
· Must be able to carry loads greater than 25 pounds, and be able to transport up to 50 pounds regularly.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with our Guests and team members in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English).
· Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
· Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.