GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains. As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’scompetitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE:
Collaborate in an inclusive environment,
Openness in communication and ideas D
Drive for results with energy
Empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
What we are looking for:
Grammer is looking for a Key Account Manager – EV to join our sales team in Troy, MI. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. This individual will have an opportunity to make lasting and positive changes in our team!
What you will be doing:
- Act as a primary contact for assigned accounts, which includes traveling to customer locations to solidify relationships, determining customer needs, learning application and business requirements
- Through market research, daily customer phone calls, emails, and business travel to customers, identify and close sales opportunities through resellers to secure new end user business and grow channel sales
- Develop strong business relationships with channel partner distributors and dealers
- Conduct virtual and on-site training to distributors and coaching them on how to sell Grammer seating products to their customers.
- Manage accounts via planning and execution in the areas of quote generation, order intake, customer care, accounts receivable, marketing plans and customer events while creating a preference for Grammer products vs. the competition
- Attends and participates in tradeshows, exhibitions, and industry associations
- Strong mechanical technical aptitude and the ability to learn new technologies
- Microsoft Office 365 – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SAP, JBA or similar ERP system
- Ability to manage channel conflict
- Lead business growth, profitability and customer satisfaction improvements for Grammer seating products at assigned distributors in North America
- Build strong relationships, provide sales support, training and technical knowledge.
- Assist in identifying market development opportunities such as new distribution points, products, services, price points and market segments.
- Collaborate to develop and implement strategic growth plans
- Work cross-functionally with other Grammer departments and locations to meet customer expectations and improve the customer experience
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What you will bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 35-60% or as required, domestically and potentially internationally
- Demonstrated ability to use good public relations skills, having a professional impact and being able to present to groups or individuals in a persuasive manner
What we can provide you:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 401(k) match
- Robust EAP services
- Developmental opportunities
- Much more!