Grammer is looking for a Plant Manager to join our location in Bowling Green, OH. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment. This individual will have an opportunity to make lasting and positive changes in our team!
GRAMMER is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems. GRAMMER is specialized in developing and manufacturing components and systems for car interiors as well as driver and passenger seats for off-road vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains.
As a global partner to the vehicle manufacturing industry we are represented around the world by our two divisions, Automotive and Commercial Vehicles. Our employees are constantly engaged in developing and producing innovative, flexible solutions to meet challenges in today’s competitive global market. GRAMMER can be found on four continents with more than 50 production, distribution and logistics sites in 20 countries.
Here at GRAMMER, we foster a culture that embraces our Grammer CODE: Collaborate in an inclusive environment, Openness in communication and ideas, Drive for results with energy and Empower yourself and others by taking ownership of decisions and actions.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee all plant operations
- Selection, development, evaluation, discipline, and optimal utilization of Plant Management and staff personnel.
- Continuous improvement of production, quality, and efficiency to maximize customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Implementation of appropriate quality assurance standards and utilization of modern lean manufacturing systems.
- Plans and directs safety, engineering, quality, materials, production, human resource, continuous improvement, launch, regulatory, and maintenance operations required to achieve customer and internal requirements.
- Directs and leads plant budgeting process, capital allocation, and overall plant financial targets. Responsible for ongoing plant P & L.
- Accountable for Safety and Environmental Culture and systems throughout the plant.
- Work together with senior leadership to drive optimum Safety, Quality and Delivery results and expectations.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and development of high-performance teams and staff.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and regulations.
- Fosters an environment of trust, teamwork, continuous improvement, and safety.
What you will bring along:
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related field.
- Five years related experience with demonstrated progressive levels of responsibility in manufacturing, preferably in the plastics industry.
- Blow molding experience preferred
- Strong technical skills and understanding of Molding Processes, Tooling, Materials, and Equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Prior implementation of appropriate quality assurance standards and utilization of modern lean manufacturing systems.
- OEM Supplier experience.
As a new member of the Grammer Team, you will receive a competitive compensation package including benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- 401(k) match
- Robust EAP services
- Developmental opportunities
- Much more!