GENERAL MANAGER – SCHLOTZSKY’S
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Effectively communicates budget variances.
- Communicates financial goals to the management team and employees and provides direction to achieve those goals.
- Uses proper planning and formulates realistic goals for achieving budgeted financial results.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control procedures and hold managers and cashiers accountable to adhering to policies and procedures.
- Performs or delegates daily and weekly inventories accurately and timely.
- Performs accurate end-of-period inventories.
- Places food, produce, paper, and supply orders in a timely manner to ensure proper levels are maintained at all times.
- Consistently maintains labor, food and supplies costs within budget.
- Utilizes and maintains all reporting and tracking systems for financial results.
- Maintains high level of integrity in all financial reporting.
- Provides clear direction and leadership to all managers and employees during each shift.
- Serves as a role model to all employees and managers by setting the example and maintaining professionalism in the restaurant.
- Promotes an "Open Door Policy" in the restaurant and is accessible to all employees.
- Interviews hourly employee candidates and makes hiring decisions.
- Conducts new hire orientation and on-boarding.
- Submits hourly employee new hire paperwork, New Hire/Change Forms, Termination Notification Forms, and bi-weekly payroll spreadsheets to Payroll and/or Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Ensures that systems, materials and people are in place to provide for quality employee training. Utilizes the company specific hourly training programs.
- Provides clear goals and expectations to the management team through ongoing communications and weekly meetings.
- Prepares and executes monthly management schedules that ensure proper management coverage to execute quality operations.
- Assists the Director of Operations with interviewing management candidates as requested.
- Conducts shadow management and related training programs for Managers-In-Training as assigned.
- Develops managers to operate a shift at or above Company standards through ongoing training and coaching.
- Sets professional development goals for each manager assigned to restaurant and conducts performance appraisals on an annual basis and intermittently as needed.
- Coaches, counsels, and properly documents performance, attendance, or behavioral issues encountered with management and hourly employees.
- Maintains proper employee staffing levels in the restaurant at all times.
- Reviews and approves hourly employee performance appraisals.
- Reviews and approves hourly employee performance counseling and terminations.
- Operates the restaurant with uncompromising integrity and superior credibility, adhering at all times to Schlotzsky’s policies and procedures.
Quality, Service and Cleanliness
- Maintains all areas of the restaurant at or above all cleanliness standards or delegates responsibility to managers who are properly trained.
- Executes or delegates the completion of QSC Sales Drivers, Ready for Business, Restroom, and Bakery checklists each shift.
- Holds managers and employees accountable for compliance with uniform and grooming standards at all times.
- Ensures that all standards and procedures for recipes and food quality are consistently met.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintains positive relationship with local health and sanitation officials and follows up immediately on any issues.
- Monitors and holds managers and employees accountable for established speed of service standards in the restaurant and drive-thru.
- Performs quarterly full QSC audit on the restaurant.
- Ensures that guests are treated in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Follows up on all guest issues and ensures that they are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Executes dining room management functions and guest interaction throughout shifts and holds managers accountable for doing the same.
- Operates restaurant in a manner that displays an uncompromising attitude toward guest satisfaction.
- Maintains equipment in proper working order.
- Ensures smallwares supplies are adequate for execution of operations.
- Ensures that needed equipment and facility repairs are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Performs or delegates preventive equipment maintenance on a timely and consistent basis.
- Executes restaurant upgrades and enhancements as directed by Director of Operations.
- Ensures that managers and employees adhere to safety and security measures consistent with Company standards.
- Executes all national and Company-sponsored marketing events and promotions.
- Is aware of and participates in local community and civic events.
- Maintains involvement in local chamber of commerce, charities and civic organizations.
- Promotes internal marketing through suggestive selling, sampling and positive guest interaction.
General and Physical Requirements
- Majority of job responsibilities must be performed standing or walking during typical 10-hour shift.
- Frequently walks in and around the restaurant to interact with employees and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Uses a keyboard on a daily basis to enter information into a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of performing any duty of any employee while training or while covering staffing needs.
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits, deliver orders, or run errands as needed; driving record must be acceptable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.