ASSISTANT MANAGER – SCHLOTZSKY’S
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the management team in all aspects of shift management to ensure successful operations, Guest service and achievement of financial targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists GM with effectively communicating weekly and period variances from budgets compared to in-store and final P&L’s.
- Communicates financial goals to employees and provides direction to achieve those goals.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control procedures and holds cashiers accountable to adhering to policies and procedures.
- Assists GM with performing daily and weekly inventories accurately and timely.
- Assists GM with performing accurate end-of-period inventories.
- Assists GM with placing food, produce, paper, and supply orders in a timely manner to ensure proper levels are maintained at all times.
- Works in tandem with GM to consistently maintain labor, food and supplies costs within budget.
- Utilizes and maintains all reporting and tracking systems for financial results.
- Maintains high level of integrity in all financial reporting.
- Provides clear direction and leadership to all Team Leaders and employees.
- Serves as a role model to all employees by setting the example and maintaining professionalism in the restaurant.
- Promotes an "Open Door Policy" in the restaurant and is accessible to all employees.
- Interviews hourly employee candidates and makes hiring recommendations to General Manager.
- Assists General Manager with new hire orientation and new employee training.
- Submits hourly employee new hire paperwork, New Hire/Change Forms, Termination Notification Forms, and bi-weekly payroll spreadsheets to Payroll and/or Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Ensures that systems, materials and people are in place to provide for quality employee training.
- Consistently counsels and properly documents performance, attendance, or behavioral issues encountered with all hourly employees.
- Assists GM with maintaining proper employee staffing levels in the restaurant at all times.
- Assists GM with preparing hourly employee performance appraisals.
- Assists GM with hourly employee performance counseling and terminations.
- Operates the restaurant with uncompromising integrity and superior credibility, adhering at all times to policies and procedures.
Quality, Service and Cleanliness
- Assists GM with maintaining all areas of the restaurant at or above all cleanliness standards.
- Completes QSC Sales Drivers, Ready for Business, Restroom, and Bakery checklists on each shift.
- Holds employees accountable for compliance with uniform and grooming standards at all times.
- Ensures that all standards and procedures for recipes and food quality are consistently met.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintains positive relationship with local health and sanitation officials and follows up immediately on any issues.
- Monitors and holds employees accountable for established speed of service standards in the restaurant and drive-thru (if applicable).
- Assists with performing quarterly full QSC audit on the restaurant.
- Ensures that guests are treated in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Follows up on all guest issues and ensures that they are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Executes dining room management functions and guest interaction throughout shifts.
- Assists GM with maintaining restaurant in like-new condition.
- Operates restaurant in a manner that displays an uncompromising attitude toward guest satisfaction.
- Assists GM with maintaining equipment in proper working order.
- Assists GM with needed smallwares supplies needed for restaurant operations.
- Assists GM with needed equipment and facility repairs in a timely manner.
- Assists GM with preventive equipment maintenance on a timely and consistent basis.
- Assists GM with executing restaurant upgrades and enhancements as directed by Director of Operations.
- Ensures that all employees adhere to safety and security measures consistent with Company standards.
- Executes all national and Company-sponsored marketing events and promotions.
- Assists GM with quarterly local store marketing plan for restaurant.
- Promotes internal marketing through suggestive selling, sampling and positive guest interaction.
General and Physical Requirements
- Majority of job responsibilities must be performed standing or walking during typical 9-10 hour shift.
- Frequently walks in and around the restaurant to interact with employees and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Uses a keyboard on a daily basis to enter information into a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of performing any duty of any employee while training or while covering staffing needs.
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits, deliver orders, or run errands as needed; driving record must be acceptable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.