BAKER – SCHLOTZSKY’S
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Bakers are responsible for baking our Baked Fresh Daily™ breads and pizza crusts. The bread and crust quality must meet strict guidelines for appearance and texture; therefore, Bakers must follow recipe standards and consistently produce quality products.
Some requirements include but not limited to the following:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bake batches according to the needs shown on daily PAR/BAKE ORDER sheets.
- Consistently produce a high quality bakery product
- Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
- Keep workstation clean at all times.
- Properly clean all dishes and pans throughout shift. (MINIMUM 30 PANS PER DAY)
- Assist managers in determining current and needed bread levels and bake sequence.
- Strictly adhere to all safety and health code requirements for the bakery including all OSHA and SERVSAFE guidelines.
- Complete all baking assignments in a timely manner.
GENERAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain bakery equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently of others.
- Must have multi-tasking skills to coordinate several tasks during various stages of the baking process.
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to:
- Lifting and carrying a maximum of 50 pound
- Bending and lifting heavy dough tubs to and from the proofer.
- Performing repetitive arm and hand squeezing and flexing.
- Working around extremely hot equipment and handling hot pans while wearing baking mitts.
- Repeatedly lifting and turning body while sliding bakery sheet pans in and out of the proofer and bakery oven.
- Standing throughout a scheduled shift.
- Bending, stretching and kneeling to reach certain products or clean certain areas of the restaurant.
- Adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
- Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
- Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming standards.
- Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Smile at all times.