The Manager of Analytics is responsible for supporting Bloomin’ Brands understanding of sales drivers and customer behavior. By improving our understanding of our internal sales and customer data, we will be able to drive growth through improved customer experiences and more profitable management of our portfolio. The Manager will assist the analytic efforts to mine our data and will develop the learning, stories, and presentations to communicate to the broader organization
What differentiates this role?
• Demonstrated expertise of data management, process development, modeling, and analytics.
• Ability to translate business issues into analytic questions, spec out data needs, create variables and models/approaches that will reveal patterns and insights in the data
• Ability to work with and manage advanced analytic vendors and apply the learnings to future business questions. Knowledge of meaning and interpretation of modeled results from advanced analytic techniques
• Familiarity with marketing concepts and modeling techniques such as marketing mix modeling and multi touch attribution analysis
• Proven ability to manage and integrate data, tools, processes, and systems across disparate data sets. Ability to
• Strong communication skills, ability to synthesize data into compelling stories and to communicate across all levels of the organization
1. Mine BBI Point of Sale Data
- Analyze BBI marketing efforts and promotions to assess impact
- Independently develop analyses on complex data sets – such as check level data – finding relationships and patterns in the data to drive BBI sales
2. Develop communications of data and analytics
- Develop reports, templates, and dashboards to ensure information communication throughout the organization
- Develop data and analytic based presentations/stories to share learning and build consensus
3. Partner with digital marketing team to implement test and learn agenda and measure results
4. Ad hoc analysis of customer datasets and other datasets (both internal and external) to address wide range of business issues
• Expand the scope and influence of the analytics function through demonstrated business savvy, influencing skills, and effective communication.
• Effectiveness skills:
- Demonstrates curiosity to understand how the business works and where analytics can help
- Executes with excellence; attention to detail
- Ability to work through ambiguity
- Tenacity/blue collar mentality
- Organizational Agility
- Shared accountability - Working as a key member of a wider TEAM
• This position directly reports to the Sr. Director, Analytics
• This position’s client base spans Marketing, Finance, Technology, and Operations.
Master’s Degree Preferred (Statistics, Social Science, Economics, Mathematics, Data Science)
Or undergraduate degree in similar field with proven track record of success in analytics
The candidate will require at least 5 years’ experience with a data analysis background. The candidate should have direct experience managing point of sale and/or customer data. Knowledge of statistical programming language such as Alteryx or SAS; familiar with programming techniques. Experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced), Power Point is required. Knowledge of dashboarding tools such as Microsoft Power BI desired. It also requires a proven ability to work closely and effectively with multiple levels of an organization and experience in communicating with a non-technical audience