The Accountant III - SEC Reporting is responsible for ensuring that external financial disclosures are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting rules. Primary duties include preparing supporting schedules, assisting with drafting of financial statement disclosures, XBRL tagging and performing reporting research.
The role is hybrid schedule (mix of onsite and remote) so candidates will need to be local to the Tampa Bay area. No relocation assistance is available.
• Support the preparation of all SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q and 8-K) including financial statements, notes to financial statements, XBRL tagging, MD&A and supporting documents and schedules;
• Support the preparation of statutory and 401k financial statements including footnotes and supporting documents and schedules;
• Assist with research and resolution of SEC reporting issues;
• Interact on a regular basis with key members of various departments to gather, consolidate and analyze information;
• Prepare tie-out and support binder for each SEC filing and address external auditor questions;
• Assist with drafting footnote disclosures;
• Complete GAAP disclosure checklists to ensure all required disclosures are included in filings;
• Utilize financial reporting software to prepare filings for submission to the SEC;
• Support the preparation of external press releases and other externally communicated financial information;
• Preform controls and assist with SOX compliance; and
• Assist with ad-hoc projects.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
• CPA or active CPA Candidate preferred;
• 1+ years of experience in public accounting preferred;
Other Required Skills, Attributes, Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Good interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
• Positive attitude and ability to work with a sense of urgency;
• Knowledge of US GAAP;
• Strong oral and written communications skills;
• Proficient in MS Excel; and
• Ability to display a high level of initiative and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently and with attention to detail.