The Accountant III will be responsible for monthly calculations and accruals for field compensation programs for a publicly traded company. The company has numerous bonus arrangements for the various field management positions that result in complex payment calculations and accruals. This role requires effective interaction with restaurant management and corporate business partners in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, and Legal.
The following duties are typical for this position, but are not limited to:
• Administers compensation programs in accordance with the terms and conditions of their respective agreements, in compliance with US GAAP.
• Maintains the distribution payment process, which is based on a defined formula.
• Maintains monthly bonus calculations for other field level managers.
• Performs various account roll forwards and reconciliations.
• Performs various control activities to ensure SOX compliance.
• Assists with supporting the financial reporting process, including generating footnote support and flux explanations.
• Assists with analyzing field compensation expenses in support of field compensation decision making.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
• Ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
• Minimum 4+ years of practical accounting experience
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Strong understanding of US GAAP
• Strong analytical skills with exceptional follow-up and sense of urgency
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong personal commitment to integrity and professionalism
• Prior experience with payroll tax calculations is a plus
• General understanding of accounting software applications, required. SAP experience is a plus.
• Microsoft Access familiarity preferred