The Design Project Manager - Foodserivce is responsible for managing the production of designs and plans for commercial kitchen and bar equipment to support restaurant projects and ensure Bloomin’ Brands standards. Included will be detailed commercial equipment plans, equipment schedules, electrical & plumbing rough-in drawings, utility notes and special conditions plans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a working relationship with external foodservice consultants and internal Design and Culinary teams
• Manage design, develop and maintain accurate and timely electronic project files for a diverse array of commercial food service facilities
• Maintain detailed equipment plans, equipment specifications, and dimension rough-in point of connection drawings, special conditions plans and equipment elevations
• Accurately work through all design phases from concept to completion, including preliminary design, design development, permit issues and all final contract issue drawings.
• Develop a wide variety of food service-related drawings, calculations, cost estimates and equipment specifications.
• Resolve specific daily space planning and design challenges in a fast-paced environment.
• Work in a collaborative manner with designers and engineers.
• Maintain daily interaction with Culinary R&D team, compile requirements for new equipment, suggest existing appliances for testing, and recommend alternative equipment.
• Develop test methods with Culinary R&D for proper equipment utilization and consistent quality results.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop product designs, product plans and new product suggestions.
• Research and recommend new technologies and product improvements.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain to place orders for new equipment and report schedules for delivery.
• Manage equipment installations.
• Monitor and maintain project schedules and communicate progress to internal and external stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 3+ years related project management experience in the food equipment industry; preferred
• Related technical degree a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
• Ability to read technical drawings related to the commercial kitchen/bar installations; required
• Management (employees/contractors) experience; preferred
• Nice to have:
o Solid knowledge of NSF and UL regulations for commercial food service equipment.
o Experience in sheet metal design and/or working with sheet metal components/assemblies.