The Real Estate Asset Manager provides strategic leadership and management of the BBI existing Real Estate portfolio. This position will lead and support the BBI concept restaurants within a geographical territory and ensure the restaurants are compliant on all BBI’s standards, lease requirements, governmental codes and other third-party documents or requirements. Provides consultation, analysis and/or recommendation to cross-functional departments on a routine basis to achieve and maintain common goals.
- Owns lease management process for lease renewals, lease terminations, and lease renegotiations for existing company portfolio of restaurants. Provide strategic thought leadership and negotiation to deliver positive financial results and P&L impact.
- Leads and supports Restaurant Operations related to real estate asset management issues. Ensures the timely resolution of issues with Landlord’s or other 3rd parties while fostering a positive and effective business relationship for an identified territory.
- Ensures any agreements, amendments, licenses, consents, and requests are prepared, reviewed, negotiated, and executed in the best interest of BBI.
- Leads, analyzes and responds to default notices from Landlords or other third parties regarding asset management issues.
- Owns the excess property process for dispositions, lease terminations, subleases, and fee property divestitures. Provides strategic thought leadership and negotiation to deliver favorable financial results, commercial decisions and mitigate BBI financial risk and other liabilities.
- Manages resolution of elevated issues associated with the performance of maintenance/facilities obligations of any Landlord’s or third parties.
- Responsible for property management process of existing portfolio, including property management, condemnation/casualty, property loss, various consent requests, easement agreements and other real estate related documents.
- Support New restaurant development as needed and/or ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, business, or closely related field of study, required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated organizational impact with increasing responsibility in real-estate, development or related areas, preferably with retail or restaurant transactions
- Proven track record of influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills are a necessity. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments and work well with all levels of management, including senior management.
- Must be intuitive to appropriately assess and analyze risk, with strong problem solving/analytical skills to develop action plans to mitigate adverse impact to BBI.
- Ability to efficiently manage workload well with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment and generate actionable recommendations.
- Clear and effective communication skills with people at various level whether internal or external.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to independently examine/interpret Real Estate Contracts and Leases.
- Strong written skills with attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong customer service.
- Prior management experience required.