Functions as the person in charge of the Auntie Anne’s store in absence of, or as directed by the manager for the duration of assigned shift or completion of responsibilities.
Depending on staffing levels and proficiency, may be required to:
- Perform any or all of the essential duties required of Crew Members (see Crew Member Job Description).
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Crew Members; coordinate breaks.
- In event of call-offs, no-shows, etc., contact Manager or as directed, contact and secure replacements.
- Monitor for product quality and adherence to proper operating procedures; correct as needed.
- Monitor customer service and relations; correct as needed.
- Address, respond to, and resolve customer needs, questions, complaints, etc., as required.
- Assure that all opening and/or closing procedures are performed, including all daily and scheduled, periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) maintenance and cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for store funds during shift. Access safe to issue and replace shift drawers and for change. Make bank deposits and keep accurate records of deposits for the store in absence of the store manager.
- Accurately run register reports and related functions in accordance with Cash Register Procedures, Cash Opening/Closing Procedures, and Cash Handling Policies.
- Receive, check-in, and supervise storage of all food items and supplies; transmit related paperwork to Manager.
- Assist in the taking of the monthly physical inventory.
- If directed by the Manager, conduct and/or supervise the training of new employees.
- If directed by Manager or Assistant Manager, evaluate the performance of Crew Members.
- Comply with all Auntie Anne's policies and procedures, including relevant federal and state regulations, e.g., safety and environmental standards, OSHA, EPA, Right-to-Know, EEO, ADA, et.al.
- Perform all of the essential duties of this position in a safe and effective manner, consistent with the prescribed method and guidelines established by Auntie Anne's, LLC.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager.
In addition, as directed by the store manager:
- Recruit, interview, and hire all staff.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all staff.
- Provide uniforms for staff in accordance with uniform policies; ensure maintenance of Dress Code and Personal Appearance Standards.
- Provide and/or supervise the training of all staff.
- Determine staffing needs and schedule all staff; post Weekly Schedule by Thursday in accordance with Scheduling Tool.
- Perform staff evaluations consistent with guidelines set forth in the employee handbook: Recommend staff promotions and wage increases, accordingly.
- Provide progressive disciplinary policies with staff, including termination, as required and with approval of COS Regional Manager or Director of Company Store Ops.
- Monitor staffing levels and labor costs to maximize efficiency and control labor expense ratios.
- Provide for the accurate taking of the monthly physical inventory.
- Review and authorize payment of all invoices from vendors and other suppliers of goods and services; promptly transmit for payment as directed.
- Monitor inventory levels, production, waste, unauthorized "giveaways" etc. to control Cost of Goods, without compromising product quality.
- At all times direct operations with the goal of increasing sales, reducing expenses and maximizing Net Operating Income in accordance with annual budget.
- Direct and supervise the ongoing and periodic cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and physical facilities.
- As needed, contact approved service and repair sources for necessary repairs.
- Ensure the prompt completion and transmission of all required paperwork, reports, etc., as directed by COS Regional Manager or Director of Company Store Ops. (i.e. Time Card Summary Sheet, Weekly Cash Report, Weekly Inventory, Monthly Inventory, supplier expenses, etc).
- Maintain files relating to operations and personnel, as directed by the COS.
- Coordinate the execution of all required system-wide and local promotional events, marketing, advertising, and public relations activities as directed by the COS and Marketing Department.
- Recommend local promotional, marketing, advertising, and public relations activities with the assistance of the COS Regional Manager; develop and execute approved activities.
- Maintain good working relations with mall management and staff; attend meetings and Participate in Merchants Association, Mall Marketing Committee, or similar activities.
- Encourage teamwork, the building of staff morale, and the resolution of conflict through bi-monthly (plus as-needed) staff meetings and daily communication.
- Perform other duties as directed by COS Regional Manager.
- Participate in one-on-one and monthly meetings as planned by COS Regional.
- Responsible for success of QSC and Guest Focus comments as well as DTIQ Smart Audit and for the corrective action when necessary.
In the absence of or as directed by the Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising all Shift Managers and Crew Members.
Must possess the personal traits required of all Auntie Anne's employees (positive, "teachable", outgoing) must have demonstrated leadership and organizational ability, plus good communication and interpersonal skills. Must have high personal standards and motivation, and display a capacity for problem-solving, personal growth, the ability to understand and work with moderately complex financial information and statistics. Basic math skills, attention to detail, and proficiency with a calculator, cash register are essential. Must have dependable transportation and a telephone.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Must be able to perform the tasks outlined above ("Essential Duties"); must be able to stand for long periods, work with agility, and occasionally work long hours; must be able to see, hear and speak (for communication and safety); must be able to test products by taste, color and smell; must be able to manage occasional periods of stress with composure and control; must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.